Notice: Since this article was originally posted, there have been changes to the businesses at the Marketplace Shopping Center and at Anderson Plaza.
At the Marketplace, Roundtable Pizza is closed and has been replaced with Mountain Mike’s Pizza.
At Anderson Plaza, Chickpeas is closed and is in the process of being replaced with Royal Kabob and Falafel
Are you in the middle of midterms or finals and don’t have time to cook? Your pantry empty because you haven’t gone to the store and it has been a while since your parents have visited? Is it hot outside and you just don’t feel interested in heating-up the apartment while cooking dinner. Well, the perfect solution is to take the night off from the kitchen and support one of the local Davis restaurants that may be just across the street from your apartment complex.
At Anderson Plaza located across the street from Aggie Square Apartments, there are a variety of options to choose from that will let you either order by phone or online and have you come get your food at the restaurant or the restaurant or a 3rd party service will deliver your food right to your front door!
- CLOSED Permanently
ChickPeas Kitchen is a Mediterranean and Middle Eastern style cuisine with a gluten-free and vegan friendly menu. ChickPeas Kitchen is available to order by phone at 530-753-3729 for takeout from the restaurant or have it delivered by downloading the Grubhub app and having your food from ChickPeas Kitchen delivered to you.
- Ding How Restaurant is a local Davis authentic Chinese food restaurant that offers a vegetarian-friendly menu and available to order by phone at 530-753-3590 for takeout from the restaurant.
- I Love Sushi is a sushi and Asian kitchen serving fresh to order items. You can call I Love Sushi at 530-758-4560 or go onto their website and place an order for takeout from the restaurant.
- Fire Wings is an American food style restaurant best known for their chicken wings offering over 20 wing sauce flavors, but also offer a variety of different sides and meals to choose from. Fire Wings is available by calling the restaurant at 530-220-1310 to pick up your order at the restaurant. Or you can have your meal delivered to you by downloading either the DoorDash or Grubhub apps.
- Papa Murphy’s offers build-your-own, takeaway pizzas to be cooked in the oven at home. Call the Papa Murphy’s phone number at 530-753-3999 to have your order ready for takeout at the restaurant or order from DoorDash to have your order delivered right to your front door.
- Taqueria Guadalajara specializes in home-style, authentic, Mexican cuisine. Orders are available by phone at 530-297-4000 to takeout your order from the restaurant or order from Postmates to have your meal delivered to your doorstep.
At the Marketplace located across the street from Almondwood Apartments and Fountain Circle Townhomes there are many options to choose from when deciding on what to eat while supporting restaurants in Davis, CA.
- Dos Coyotes Border Café is a local Davis restaurant serving Mexican and Southwestern style dishes that offers lite, vegetarian, and gluten-free friendly menus. To order your next meal at Dos Coyotes, you can call the restaurant at 530-758-1400 or order on their website to pick up your food. In addition, you can use the Grubhub app to order and have your food delivered to you at your home.
- Gong Cha Tea Shop serves made-to-order drinks and the ability to choose toppings, sweetness, and ice level in your beverages. Gong Cha Tea Shop specializes in boba teas and other milk and sparkling teas. To order from Gong Cha, you can go to their website or call them at 530-231-5060 to place an order for takeout. Another option is to either use the Gong Cha website or go onto DoorDash to place an order and have it delivered to your apartment.
- Jamba Juice is a smoothie place and shop that makes smoothies, bowls, and juices. You can opt to do contactless delivery by ordering on the Jamba Juice website or going on to the DoorDash app. Or you can order on the Jamba Juice website and pick up at the smoothie shop.
- Noah’s NY Bagels is known for their fresh-baked bagels and signature breakfast and lunch sandwiches. To order your meal from Noah’s NY Bagels, you can go onto their website to place an order for takeout, or you can have your order delivered to your place by using the DoorDash app.
- Peet’s Coffee specializes in coffee roasting, but also serves other beverages like tea and other food items like baked goods, breakfast sandwiches, and snacks on-the-go. You can order ahead by going onto their website for a takeout order or use the DoorDash app to have your coffee and food delivered to you directly.
- Panda Express is a Chinese food restaurant that has made it very convenient and easy to order from their menu. You can go onto their website and order your meal to pick up at the restaurant. Or you can download the Panda Express app and have your order delivered directly to you.
- Round Table Pizza is a pizzeria that specializes in pizzas and appetizers. They also offer a gluten-free crust option! Available to order by going onto their website and ordering online or call Round Table Pizza at 530-756-1000 to have your food either ready for takeout or delivered to your off-campus apartment.
- Togo’s is a sandwich shop that offers build-your-own sandwiches and salads made to order. To place an order with Togo’s, go onto their website to have your sandwich ready for takeout or use the DoorDash app to place your sandwich order for delivery.
You may be overwhelmed by all the options that Davis restaurants have to offer, especially with the convenience of those restaurants being directly across the street from your front door. Have no fear. You can start with supporting your favorite restaurants first and then work your way to the restaurants you have not tried before. If you are not able to support local Davis restaurants, be sure to support in other ways like commenting, liking, and sharing posts on social media. Or better yet, write your favorite business in Davis, CA a review on Google or Yelp.
If you would like information about the many restaurants found in Davis, CA, take a look at the Comings and Goings business spreadsheet maintained by Wendy Weitzel. It is a great resource for foodies like you.
If you are looking for the best apartments in Davis, look no further than Aggie Square Apartments, Almondwood Apartments, and Fountain Circle Townhomes located on Alvarado Avenue. For more information on convenient amenities at your next off-campus apartment, check out this post on The Alvarado Strip in North Davis.
Updated: June 20, 2023If you’re the kind of student who values independence, doesn't want to share...
You thought it was going to be easy, right? You were accepted to the right college. You registered...
When you capture 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place for two years in a row, in the Davis Enterprise’s Readers’ Choice Awards – The Best of Yolo County for Best Apartment Community, you definitely know you are doing something right.